Monday, October 24, 2011

Time for the Fur Vests

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


It’s finally been getting chillier outside and I love it! I am so ready for those fall outfits. Fur vests, boots, sweaters, and my favorite accessory, the scarf. I have to admit I have been on the search for the perfect Faux fur vest for a year now and think I finally found the one. It’s the  Aqua Stand Collar Faux Fur Vest made exclusively for Bloomingdales.

What I love most about it is the length, color, and texture. It has the perfect length to elongate you and not awkwardly cut off right above your waist. It has a great color that can match almost anything and can be worn during the day or evening. You can dress this up or down. Wear it on a casual day out in the city with a cute pair of flats or even towards the evenings with a nice sweater and a cute pair of riding or tall heeled boots. 
I finally had chance to wear it the other night when I went to the BC vs. Umass Hockey game. I kept it rather casual with a pair of skinny J Brand jeans a long white t-shirt and Tory Burch flats.

A couple of my top favorite vests out there right now are Diane von Furstenberg Funnellia Crop Fur vest, although this one is real fur rather than faux and the Rachel Zoe faux fur vest. As you can tell I am a bigger fan of the longer vests than the shorter ones. The longer ones seem more classic to me and can be worn in more ways. I know that many are opposed to real fur but I have to admit I have been seeing a lot of real fur vests out there and they are gorgeous! Michael Kors came out with the rabbit derby vest as well as the Elie Tahari Samara Fox vest, both of which i think are stunning.
           (Miu Miu)                                                                                          (Roksanda Ilincic)
                                                     (MICHAEL by Michael Kors)

I know that this season colors are in, from red and purple jeans and to neon tops. I’ve tried on a purple and blue Faux Fur vest that was similar to the style of this one, but wasn’t sure if I could pull it off and match it with what in my closet. What do you think about color faux fur vests and real fur vests?

1 comment:

  1. i really like this it makes me want to get a fur vest! i like the Michael by MICHAEL kors the best

    ReplyDelete